Many Foods

Many Foods

Monday, October 31, 2011

Black Bean Soup

I've been modifying this black bean soup recipe I found for the last year now. It's a really tasty and hearty vegetarian dish, and trust me, that's something from a meat lover like me. The thing that really makes this soup win for me, is that while half of the beans in this recipe are left whole, the other half are puréed with some crushed tomatoes, and then added into the rest of the soup as a thickener. Having some corn really adds a nice sweet crunch as well. There are lots of vegetables, garlic, and it's seasoned with chili powder, cumin, and just a dash of balsamic vinegar to open up the tastes.

If you like kick like me , throw in a Serrano pepper or two, or a little Cayenne will always do the trick.

More hearty soups to come as winter approaches.

"winter is coming"

-L&A



No comments:

Post a Comment